Thursday, October 20, 2011

To blog, or not to blog...

...that is the question I’ve been wrestling with this last year.  There are already so many amazing food blogs.  They have stunning photography, amazing recipes, cute stories attached to their creation...why would little old me need to jump on the crowded band wagon and try to keep up with these veterans?  I’ll tell you why!
It’s like many things in my life actually.  Rollerblading for instance.  I don’t care that I caught onto the trend 10 years late, I love it.  Facebook?  I am just joining ’the book' for the first time ever...gulp.  Merlot wine?  I started drinking it after seeing Sideways and love to order it even if people scowl when I tell them it is my vino of choice.  By the way, how can any wine be bad?  Silly Sideways people.  Cowhide furniture?  I think it was on its way out when I decided to make a couch...then a side table, a chair, and even a suitcase rack with the stuff.  But I like how it reminds me of the country in my urban setting.  (I will post photos of my love for cowhide so you can see my obsession)  Flashmobs?  Can’t get enough of them.  Pointy toe high heels?  I wasn’t going to buy a pair of shoes that looked like a witch!  When I finally made the leap, I hardly wear anything else with my business attire.
The point is...not talking about the shoes anymore...with many things in my life, I am late to the game.  In this case it isn’t because I was boycotting or being a stubborn individualistic minded person, it’s simply because I wasn’t sure what I’d have to share.  Why would my stories and my food be of any interest to someone other than me?  The truth is, they may not be.  But when I think about why I love food so much and why I love to make new and different things and have people over, it’s because I like to share it with others. I like to share recipes, techniques, gadgets and tricks.  But most of all, I love sharing the experience of learning.  That could be learning how to make the perfect omelet, how to plan a great cocktail party, make personalized party favors, freeze testy produce, deal with small counter space, and on and on...
So this blog is going to be a mixed bag of my experiences.  Shared with none other, than you!  I will try new things for the first time and assuredly mess them up.  Then I’ll try them again and perhaps mess it up slightly less, perhaps even more, but I think we will get a good giggle from it.  There will also be times I just want to share my love for a meal I’ve had.  Or maybe a new song that will be on repeat in my kitchen.  I’m not quite sure where this will take me, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be smiling along the way.  I hope yo do too.
And like the first time I went rollerblading, I was hunched over, wrist guards and knee pads in full force. It was not a pretty sight.  Now?  I’m no pro, but I can blade.
Let’s play!
xo, Chef WOW

No comments:

Post a Comment