Saturday, October 22, 2011

Put that in your Le Crueset and smoke it


I am obsessed with smoky things lately.  Smoked turkey, chipotle salsa, provolone, smoked trout, smoked salmon, smoked chocolate, smoky cocktails, smoked jerky...I could go on and on.  What’s up with that?  Maybe I was a Blacksmith in my past life.  Or an ashtray.  Or a Native American sleeping in a teepee with smoke every night.  Am I allowed to say I may have been a Native American in my past life?  Hmmmm...if I were, I wonder what my Native American name would have been.  Sleeps Like A Bear?  Eats With The Lions?  Laughs With Food In Teeth?  Lives For Smoke?  Dances With Knife In Hand?
I am determined to buy a smoker on my next splurge at a Kitchen Supply store.  Until that day, however, there are ways to smokify your every day meals.  And if you’re like me right now, I do this with sandwiches, salads, soups, dressings and even desserts.  Go ahead, get wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment